Maria Elena De Matteo, Press and Media Contact:
Matthias Scheffelmeier, Co-Founder and Managing Director of ChangemakerXchange:
Nick McGirl, Co-Founder and Managing Director of ChangemakerXchange:
Full Media Kit, including press release, pictures of young changemakers, quotes and more.
- Quotes from young changemakers
- Portrait pictures of young changemaker
- Action shots of young changemakers
- Interviews and profiles of young changemakers
Key Findings from the 2021 report:
- Young changemakers are sacrificing their financial security and wellbeing to change the world.
- Financial issues: 66% cannot compensate themselves beyond a token amount for their work on their initiatives (41% not at all), and only 9% can live off their ventures.
- Wellbeing issues: 59% have experienced some degree of burnout since they started work on their initiative.
- 64% feel their work is negatively affected by systemic inequalities.
- The COVID-19 crisis has increased both their capacity and desire to make a change in the world.
- Only 3% have been forced to close down activities due to COVID; the majority are innovating, adapting and responding to the challenge.
The Possibilists is an extensive study of the lives, impact, challenges and needs of young changemakers and an “Ecosystem Solutions Initiative” to improve the conditions for young social innovators. The Possibilists is initiated by ChangemakerXchange and run by a unique global alliance of 16 youth focused social innovation networks, including Ashoka, Obama Foundation, Kofi Annan Foundation, OneYoungWorld and many more. With 800 submissions from some of the world’s leading young social innovators in 130 countries the report will be a leading resource for governments, companies, foundations, civil society and anyone willing to support young people who create positive change.
The Possibilists Brand Material
We would love to keep in touch and occasionally share news with you from the world of youth driven social and environmental change.